Encourage Learning through Play.

It's been awhile since I've written anything and I wasn't even sure if I was going to continue blogging again or not. I've done this for 7 years now and obviously never saw this as a career or pushed it in that direction. I simply started blogging because I love writing, sharing things that I enjoy or get asked about a lot and just something to have fun with! I never really stopped enjoying writing or sharing things I love, it's just that I wanted to try other things that I have always wanted to do.
Since I last talked to y'all here, I have taught myself how to watercolor paint, sew and decorate cookies. I'm far from awesome at any of these, but learning something new has been so good for my soul. I guess I just wanted to let you know, I haven't totally stopped blogging or being some what of an influencer but I also don't have a timeline of how often I plan on posting or that I'm going to be constantly sharing one thing or another. If I have something I want to share or something I get questions about a lot, then I'll come here and share. If you follow me on IG, you've probably noticed it's been a lot less fashion and a lot more family. I still absolutely have a love and passion for style but I just don't care to be on my phone or taking pictures everyday like I use to. It's kinda the same as I mentioned above; if I find something I want to share or people have asked about--I will.

Being a former elementary teacher, a mom to a toddler and soon to be one year old (how is that possible), I know the importance of play and how it makes all the difference in kids' learning. Also, reading and conversation...but that's not what this post it about. 😁 I was playing a game the other day with Tylar, that I had bought at a local children's book store, and it made me want to share about other toys/games that I love playing with my girls or have in an Amazon list. I have a lot that I plan on buying a little at a time as they get older haha. 
I wanted to share a few that you may already know about or may not! The products I'm sharing below are all from companies that I absolutely love. Their products (no matter what it is) is made well and totally child proof, meaning they aren't going to break on you easily and don't have small pieces that you're going to lose and never be able to use again because that one piece disappeared into thin air.

The companies we choose from over and over again are:

I encourage you to check out everything they own, they're well made and all around great companies for play learning. This may be an obvious statement, but you don't have to have a toy or game that has numbers or letters to be educational. As you'll see, I have listed some things that encourage conversation, color skills, counting (without numbers) and motor skills. 

Here are some of my favorite toys/games:

Comments