Most Loved and Used Baby Items.

Now that I have two kids, I thought it was about time I did a round up of products, toys and anything else I have loved or am currently loving. I wrote a post about my must have baby items or at least the ones I thought I needed while I was pregnant with Tylar was back when but I never actually came back and revisited the topic. Now that I've been using baby products for more than one kid, I figured it was the perfect time to sit down and actually unveil to you guys the items I actually loved and used the most.


Sleep/Soothing Needs:

 When it came to sleeping we definitely learned the most in this area. We learned every baby is so different when it comes to sleeping and what they like/don't like, what works/doesn't work and that all parents do what they can to keep baby happy and sleeping. For Tylar, it was a major struggle. We used the now banned Rock-n-Play (because it was THE only thing she would sleep in) then transitioned her into the Graco Dream Glider because she continued to scream all night in the Halo but we eventually got her to sleep in it after a good 5 months ha and then at 7 months she was sleeping through the night so we moved her to her crib. With Aila, it's been totally different. She slept soundly in the Halo right off the bat but always seems a little uneasy with all the space especially since babies love being in tight corridors like they were use to. I did some research and found the Halo Insert which was worth every penny! It has some mixed reviews based on people's babies liking it or not but Aila LOVED it. She used it for the first 3 months and I just took it out the other day because she seemed too long and now sleeps without the insert. We are planning on moving her to her crib and Tylar to a toddler bed in the next couple months. I have friends who moved their babies into the crib after they came home from the hospital and some that waited a couple months. We obviously waited a long time with Tylar and aren't waiting as long with Aila but she'll still be about 5 months before she's in the crib alone, so ultimately you have to do what's best for you and your baby. Don't ever feel like it's too early or you're waiting too long.



Nursery Needs:

Tylar currently sleeps in a crib which is a 3-in-1 bed meaning it transitions from a crib to a toddler bed to a big kid bed. We knew we wanted something that would grow with her. However, once we had Aila, we decided it would be better to start her in a toddler bed than buy another crib especially with how expensive they can be. The toddler bed we chose doesn't have a foot board because I didn't want Tylar trying to crawl over it. We also totally broke the rules and used a mesh bumper in Tylar's crib. Keep in mind she was able to roll over and lift her head and the point of the bumper was to keep her from breaking a leg or arm. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I had a student who had broken his leg from getting it stuck in his crib railing and once we noticed her doing the same thing I went out and bought one that day. She has done great with it and I don't regret it at all but it's not for everyone. 
As for bedroom accessories, we had tried many sound machines, but Dohm was by far the best. It was the most natural sound because it's literally just air blowing through holes which comes with a bit of a hefty price tag for what it is but it's been her and our favorite out of the other ones we tried. We also just recently got this fox light for a baby gift for Aila and both girls love it!

Now, for our changing table, the one item people said I'd never use and many might not, but I do all the time! I love the shelving for more organization and keeps everything I need for changing right there. I also like being able to stand straight up and change her without having to be on the floor or bending down to change her.



Traveling Needs:

When traveling with little ones, you seriously feel like you're packing your life away but there are a few must have items to keep you sane and your baby happy. Because we have a toddler and a baby, we are packing double. One of the biggest things is sleep equipment. Tylar luckily will still sleep in a pack-n-play but we had been told to purchase a big mattress for it and that was the best advice. All pack-n-plays comes with this dinky little insert that has about an inch of cushion, not awesome, so the mattress is a major must have. For Aila, we picked up a foldable bassinet. Idk if it was the best one to get, but the fact that it folded up relatively small and was under $100, made it great for us. The other must have items for travel is our monitor. Our monitor allows up to 4 camera attachments and is highly rated. We definitely have no complaints. The last thing we use a lot when traveling is a seat for baby to sit in, which is important for us because sometimes our hands are full with Tylar and just everyday things like dinner and laundry etc that we need somewhere to put sissy. The fisher price frog chair is one I've recommended to a lot of my friends over the bumbo seat. Tylar definitely approved of it way more than the bumbo and ultimately lead us to buying a second one to keep at our nanny's house when she was there. I love that it's pretty small and folds up which makes it easy for travel. A lot of baby items are too big to take like the swing so this is the perfect item when traveling.



Eating Needs:

 This section is pretty simple and to the point. The highchair we got is a great price and can be used as a full size highchair, a booster seat or a toddler chair. Plus, the biggest reason I love this is it's super easy to clean! The tray has a detachable cover that I take off after messy feedings and rinse off. The cushions are squishy for baby but super easy to wipe down, no washing required! Being able to do anything with one hand gets two thumbs up in my book.


Bathing Needs:

We had a couple bathing items we used for the girls, the Blooming Bath was the one we used the most at first because she was comfortable and it fit right in the sink which again, kept me standing while bathing her instead of bending down over her in the tub. Then we transitioned her to use the Angelcare bath that goes right into the tub. The holes in the tub allow the water to drain immediately and dry without causing mold. 



Miscellaneous:

These are items that didn't really fit specifically into any category, just things we use/used and loved!


Comments