Saving Memories.

When I found out I was pregnant with Tylar, I immediately started documenting. I took pictures of the positive test, pictures of the dogs with their big sister and big brother sign when I surprised Austin with the news, and of course weekly and monthly photos of my growing bump. With all these great and memorable photos, I wanted to make something with them. 

Scrapbooking can get super expensive and I've been down that road--keeping everything nice and crisp and clean isn't always as easy as it looks. So, I looked into Chatbooks. Although a great app, I felt like it was more for those random moments. Simple, classic and a good keepsake however, I wanted something that felt more designed by me and meant to last forever--like a wedding album. Shutterfly has been around forever, and although I had never used them to create anything I looked into them. Their prices were great, always running some kind of discount on products, lots of design options and easy to use! This was everything I was looking for, so I took the plunge and started my first book.




My first book was all about my pregnancy with Tylar. Everything I felt during the pregnancy, everything that happened (good and bad) I shared to look back on. And I have to say, I'm so glad I did! This pregnancy, I found myself comparing feelings and moments but realized I couldn't exactly remember when those things occurred in my last pregnancy--until I looked through my pregnancy book.




I absolutely love how the book turned out, so once Tylar was born, the pictures continued. Like most moms, her being my first, I look thousands of pictures and videos of everything and nothing at all. I think I even kept the blurry, off centered, confusing (like what was I taking a photo of) ones ha. Once she hit a few months, I came back to Shutterfly to start another book. This one changed a few times. First, I thought about including photos I loved, but when I was done uploading the ones I loved from the last 4 months, I realized this book would end up looking more like a thesaurus than a sweet little keepsake. I deleted the book and started over--a few times, until I figured out exactly what I wanted. 

Tylar's baby book is a month to month book of her. Special moments shared, milestones accomplished and just anything and everything we were enjoying about her in that moment!  I chose to do a smaller size with her book, so that she could look through it and it be more fitting for her. The pages are very thick and so is the book, which makes this momma less nervous about letting her look and touch all the pictures of herself.


 I'm currently 36 weeks, so you know I've already started a book for this little angel. I started it pretty much right after I found out I was pregnant. I enjoyed making the other books so much, it honestly was therapeutic for me, I couldn't wait to start another! Tylar's book is different than this babe's but I wanted them to be unique to them. I will be sharing hers when I'm done!



Comments