TPR: Peptide 21 Line & Pregnancy.


Hey guys! I didn't want to write a novel on IG about pregnancy and skin care, but many of you know I was recently gifted three products from Thomas Peter Roth's new Peptide 21 collection. His products have always been highly rated and people rave about their results. I have only had the products for a little over a week, but have tried each one. I have sensitive skin and really have to be careful what I put on my face. There is nothing worse than trying something out and waking up with a horrible reaction. I've definitely tried products, from the drug store, that made my skin itchy, red and irritated, so to say I get nervous to try to things on my face, is an understatement. On top of that, I'm currently pregnant and knowing what I'm putting in my body or on it is very important to me. When it comes to Thomas Peter Roth's items, there was only one I received, that I decided to not use for the time being and that is the Amino Acid Exfoliating Peel Pads. As for the Wrinkle Resist Serum and the Lift & Firm Moisturizer, those both don't contain anything that would be something you should or need to worry about during pregnancy or nursing. The reason I chose not to use the Peel Pads is because they contain a retinoid. Retinoids are powerful substances found in some anti-aging moisturizers and treatments for acne, pigment disorders, and plaque psoriasis. Retinoids (also known as tretinoins) are a type of vitamin A that speeds up cell division (quickening your skin's renewal) and prevents skin collagen from breaking down. Retinoids are one ingredient experts recommend pregnant women to stay away from HOWEVER, retinoids that you put on your skin have not been shown to cause problems in pregnant women. Doctors are just being extra cautious in recommending that you avoid them.



Knowing that, I did use to Peel pads once just so I could see if my skin had a reaction to the product at all and how I felt about the application of them. First off, no reaction at all. Some people had mentioned their face feeling tingly (which is normal), but I never had that. Now, that could be because I used the product one time. Otherwise, if you've ever used any kind of acne wipes or face cleaning wipes then you'd have no problem using these. You apply them gently to your face and neck area, let it sit for 1-2 minutes, then rinse off with water and pat dry. It's that easy! When I'm no longer prego or nursing, I am definitely going to use these babies!



As for the other two products from the Peptide 21 collection, I find myself using the moisturizer the most. I use the Wrinkle Resist Serum mainly on my forehead, which is where I notice my fine lines the most. I know at my age (give or take) people are definitely indulging in some skin treatments to keep their skin looking and feeling youthful. All of which, are a pretty penny to keep up with and/or seem a little painful for my liking. That being said, I'm not against any of them, but starting out with the wrinkle serum first is more in my comfort zone. As for the moisturizer, I think this should be a key item in everyone's beauty routine. Whether you use it in the morning or at night after you wash your face, your skin will thank you. Your skin (just like your hair) produces natural oil and depending on what your body needs, it will produce. Applying moisturizer to your skin, lets your skin know it doesn't need to produce as much oil. Moisturizing reduces the chances of skin problems and helps your skin maintain its balance. This is why the Lift & Firm Moisturizer is my go to from this collection.

If any of these products sound like something you would want to try out, click below to shop them!




**These products were gifted to me, but all opinions as my own.

Comments