Pregnancy Saves and Splurges.

I'm a big believer that you don't have to wear maternity clothes just because you're pregnant. I know there does come a point where you do have to invest in some pieces because some items like pants aren't meant to stretch in the ways you need them to. I've compiled a list of items that are saves meaning items you can wear and use pre, post and during your pregnancy. Then, items I "splurged" on that I felt were necessities. Splurge typically means spending more, but not every item will be costly, just items you probably won't be able to get dirt cheap or wait till they go on sale.



This dress, for instance, is an oldie but goodie. I have had this dress for years and still love it just as much as the day I got it. It's snug in the top with a slight empire waist and then loosens up at the bottom. When it comes to dresses, empire waists or shift dresses are the best kind to shop for especially if you're in a wedding because there aren't a whole lot of options that are price reasonable when it comes to maternity bridesmaid dresses. This dress sold out years ago, but I linked some cute options that are super similar and for a great price! Another rule of thumb for buying dresses that aren't maternity--buy a size or two up!





Items you can get away with that are non-maternity: T-shirts, Sweatpants, Sweaters, PJ's, Underwear, Bras, and Dresses.

Items you may need to splurge on: Leggings, Shorts, Pants, Jeans, Cami/Tanks, and Dress Shirts.

Obviously all these items vary depending on how much you show, how early and the season you're in. For instance, I showed super late with Tylar and even when I did, I never got very big. Plus, it was warm out basically my entire pregnancy so I opted in for lots of dresses. I would have loved a pair of maternity shorts but they were hard to find in store for a decent price and I was too nervous to order online because I honestly had no clue what size to order. Dresses were simple and easy. I purchased majority of them from Old Navy, a few from Marshalls and a couple from Target. Below are my pregnancy Saves & Splurges.


SAVES




These "save" items are pregnancy essentials I used to survive my entire pregnancy with Tylar. Again, it was nice majority of the time so dresses were my go to. Listed are Jersey dresses from Old Navy (my absolute favorite when pregnant and not!) some flowy maxi dresses for a great price and fast shipping if you have Amazon Prime, my favorite nursing bra that lasted the entire pregnancy no problem, some very good priced leggings for those lazy days or cooler nights and some pj bottoms that I lived in--especially after giving birth.


SPLURGE





These "splurge" items are pregnancy essentials I have purchased this time around or items I have my eye on for later when I can no longer fit comfortably into my current non-maternity clothes. So far, I've been purchasing items in my pre-pregnancy size (26 for pants, M for shirts) and everything fits perfect even with some extra room to grow into. Also, a fabulous belly mask that looks super appealing for when your skin starts to feel itchy, tight or when you could just use some pampering.

Comments