Waiting for Fall.




You already know that the weather here has been anything but fall like and this girl lives for the crisp, cool fall breeze. It's seriously my favorite season and for good reason! In the south it's one of our three seasons here, we don't have winter, so this is the one time of the year when I can break out all my beautiful "winter" pieces that I own. When I lived in Ohio, winter pieces were practically the majority of my closet so moving south and finding that I really only got a couple months to squeeze all my sweaters, boots, scarfs, coats and winter accessories in was so hard.


This sweater sold out super fast and I totally see why, the sleeve detailing are to die for and the color is perfect for fall! Everything else is from older seasons, but you know I got you! I found similar items for you to shop! 









I find myself talking about weather a lot this time of year, mainly because IG gives me all the feels and I have to admit a tad bit of jealousy takes over when I see everyone starting to layer, but I refused to sit back and watch the moment pass me by. So, I grabbed a few sweaters I bought and stood out in the heat for y'all sweating all my makeup off just to pretend I was nice and cool. Who am I fooling, I wore shorts and a cami to counter the sweater sticking to my body. But like they say, fake it till you make it? Does that apply here? Eh. Whether it does or doesn't, I'm going to try and sneak fall items into my pictures until the weather cooperates.




I know y'all come for the clothing, but I have to share just how small our world can be. 

So, I moved to this small town in SC right after I graduated from The University of Mount Union. Mount is a small, private school in Alliance, Ohio. I swam there for a couple years and ended on a great note. Although I know subconsciously I wish I would have swam all four years, for me, it wasn't really possible with all the classes I was taking and knowing I wanted to leave Mount my senior year to do my student teaching in a different area. 
Anyways, Austin and I moved here, got married and shortly after I got my first big girl job teaching second grade. 
Okay--fast forward to this school year. We had a lot of new hires in our building, for all different reasons, and one of them I come to find out went to Mount! I mean, just that is pretty crazy. The fact that she went to the same small, private school I did, majored in education (meaning she had most of the same teachers I had) and ended up getting hired in the same school I work at (we have like 10 elementary schools in this area) is pretty amazing. If that wasn't cool enough, I come to find out she swam too! We both were in shock and had lots to talk about! With all the people I run into year after year,  I have never met someone who has had such a similar background.


Okay, rant over ha. 





Comments