Easy Breezy.



This summer was the best. The first summer I wasn't teaching summer school. Austin and I had decided when we got married that I would work during the summer until we had a family. It didn't make sense to either of us for me to just be at home for almost 3 months doing nothing. Don't get me wrong, summer school was only 4 days a week and only for a month so I still was able to regroup the next month and a half before another school year began. Plus, by doing nothing, I don't mean I sat on the couch in my pj's everyday (although, I did do that a lot lol) but why not make money? Especially when you're young and trying to afford a nice house in an overpriced area. 

This summer was the first where I was at home for the full break; playing, laughing, singing and watching my little lady grow and change every day. It's really so incredible to me how fast she changes. I swear she wakes up and does something new almost every day. Whether it's a new word, mastering a new milestone, or making a new facial expression-she steals my heart more and more every day.  This summer was a hot one, as it always is, so we spent most days at the pool. We went to the beach a few times but it was a lot of work! Getting everything packed up and ready to go. You're talking towels, sun hat and extra sun block, umbrella, sand toys for her, a change of clothes and diapers and wipes so she didn't have to sit in a wet suit on the way home. Food for her so that we could stay longer than an hour. A cooler full of food and drinks for us. Her tent that has a little dip in it for water so of course we are grabbing 3 gallons of water to dump in there. I understand that isn't a necessity but she loves the water and we loved that she could cool down in it without worrying about the salt water getting in her mouth and it has it's own shade. This is the one we bought and loved! So, when you consider all of that, it probably makes more sense to you why we didn't live at the beach this summer. I know the older she gets, the easier it will be, but right now the pool is perfect for us.




Speaking of summer heat, I love it for a little bit--to get a tan, wear my sun dresses, break out my cute sun hats and cool down at the pool, but doesn't take long for me to be ready for it to cool down just a bit. My perfect weather is in the 70's. I don't love being cold, but I don't love walking outside and instantly sweating either. Give me the shorts with a sweater weather all day every day! 

This look was an easy choice for this day. It was hotter than heck and not much of a breeze. A tube top always brings me back to my middle school days when I would rock these reversible rhinestone ones from Limited Too! Really showing my age with that one lol but if you're a 90's baby you know what I'm talking about! Random thought but I think about this all the time. It's so crazy to me, to think about the type of clothes that were popular when we were little. I know trends change and styles come and go, but I cannot get over when I'm out and about and I see these young girls with their butt cheeks hanging out from under their shorts, or I can basically see their whole body because their shorts and shirts are about the size of my bathing suit. I know I've wondered, how did their parents allow them out of the house like that, but I have been to the stores. They make them smaller and shorter, I honestly have a hard time shopping at places I love because I feel like I'm too old to be wearing skimpy clothes like that, but I am too young to be shopping at other stores. Anyone else feel that way?










Comments

Post a Comment