This Is Me-Adjusting To My New Look.


Today's post is down right honest and real; I'm talking about something that I have been personally struggling with and no, this is not being written for compliments or encouragement from others. I'm strictly writing this because when I chose to blog, I chose to open my life up to you guys. I knew I wanted to be honest and real with my readers because those are the bloggers I felt connected to and followed. They are the women I still follow and admire today because they share all of themselves-the good, the bad and the ugly. Well, this is my good, bad and ugly all in one.

Having a baby was the best experience of my life. I had the best pregnancy, the easiest delivery and the fastest recovery. I know I'm lucky and fortunate. However, when it came to my body I had a hard time adjusting to what I saw in the mirror. I had read and read articles and posts about moms talking about their postpartum body. I knew that things would obviously take awhile to get back to where I wanted or once was but never did I think that I could lose all the weight and still not fit into clothes like I use to. My husband would probably kill me if he saw me writing this because he knows my struggles and hears my comments and watches me try clothes on and take things off over and over with a face of discouragement. God has blessed me with a husband who loves me for who I am and honest to God thinks I am more beautiful now than I have ever been.

After many months of dressing in oversized clothes and layering like there's no tomorrow, I finally said enough is enough. This is my first post wearing clothes that are fitted and that is for a reason. Being a woman, let alone a fashion blogger, you are constantly looking at photos of other women and comparing. I know I shouldn't but I do without even thinking. I look at the way their clothes fall, the way their legs look in shorts, the way their stomach looks in bathing suits. As I'm writing this I am currently snuggling Tylar and saying "It was all worth it." Having a baby is the BEST gift in the world and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's going to take awhile for me to be totally happy with how I look but I have made a promise to myself to dress in clothes I like and say screw it to my comparisons and my criticism. I know I'm lucky for so many things and waking up every morning stressing about how clothing fits stops here. I will always take care of my body by eating healthy and exercising but there comes a point where the body you are in is the body you should cherish because it was given to you as a gift not a burden and I need to start thinking of it that way. This body gifted me my beautiful baby girl. What's better than that? So, here I stand (aka sitting on my couch) saying, this is the new me. I may not be a size 0, I may not have a 6 pack or sticks for legs but I'm real and unedited.










Comments