Surviving the Summer : Pregnancy Addition.
Well Folks, summer is in full swing here in the lowcountry! If you are preggers like me, you're already preparing for another hot summer. However, you are in luck! If you're struggling to figure out how in the world you're going to manage this summer heat with the extra weight you're putting on for your little miracle--this post has everything you will need to beat the heat for the summer!
1. Swim suits! Yayy or nayy depending on how you're feeling about all the changes your body is going through. I personally am on the yayy side mainly because I love everything about being pregnant and knowing there's a little human in there makes gaining weight and looking different in the mirror totally cool with me.
2. Summer floats, because let's be honest--the pool/beach/lake is going to be our best bet at being able to be outside and not be totally miserable. I listed some fun options instead of the typical because it's not everyday you can be #preggers, enjoy your very own personal boat, or ride a golden swan. Am I right? I also listed a ton with holes in the middle because laying on your stomach hasn't been relaxing until now. I added a couple fun coolers for your....water--ugh and a nice floating fountain to give you the sound of complete serenity.
3. Sun Hats--as if you actually need an excuse to wear one. I have a collection of hats and any excuse to buy another is alright with me! A hat will keep the sun out of your eyes, make you look fancy on that float of yours and allow you not to do anything with your hair--triple win! I listed several styles and colors so don't feel bad buying a couple ;).
4. Drinking Glass--we are wish it was filled with a nice, cold alcoholic beverage but unfortunately we will have to pretend for now. But that doesn't mean we can't drink in style! Drinking plenty of water has been important before we created a life inside of us but now it's extra important especially with the sun beating down. When we go to the pool or beach we fill up our Yeti cooler with tons of water so I constantly have water on hand and it stays cold all day. Yeti's are expensive but I am going to tell you right now, if you spend more than 2 hours out in the sun like we do it is so worth the price!
5. Bug Spray & Fan! We have terrible bugs down here. Probably the only thing I truly hate about it down here....and the snakes. Luckily, snakes usually leave us alone and bugs can be somewhat prevented with some bug spray and fans. A lot of the restaurants down here are outside seating, because it's beautiful here 10 months out of the year, so you are more susceptible to getting bit but they have giants fans out and bug spray on hand to help. If you're not as lucky, bringing your own spray and fan isn't a bad idea and no one is going to judge you, probably just wish they would have done the same! If you want to know more about protecting yourself from mosquito bites here is an article all about it!http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/mosquito-bites-and-repellent
Happy Summer! We can do this mommas! Keep Calm & Stay Cool!