Wormsloe Historic Site.


If you follow along on instagram you know I went to possibly the most gorgeous place ever and it was only a 30 minute drive. How could I not have known about this place? I feel ashamed living near the area and having no clue of this beauty just sitting there! All feelings aside, I couldn't wait to share with you guys this beauty. Side note: I tried to take some outfit pics and literally hated them all ha. My camera was clearly focused on the background. I think when you're in an area that beautiful it's hard to stand out, but I posted a couple for you to see just don't judge too harshly haha.


Welcome to Wormsloe Historic Site! This place may look familiar to you ladies because it was in the movie The Last Song with Miley Cyrus. When you enter the site, you see the beautiful arch and then a long road covered by these stunning mossy trees. The road goes on for a few miles and eventually you come to a rest stop where you park, get out and walk the rest of the way. There is an option to do a historic tour (which I will do next time) but this visit I wanted to be on my own time. 


I can't believe it has been a couple weeks already since we went here and I apologize for being so MIA. The school year has started and it is in full swing! It has been a wild ride already, but I know it will calm down and my schedule will become second nature. I am also currently doing an after school program at our school--which is new this year. That being said, I am getting home in the late afternoon which doesn't give me any time to take pictures so I am solely relying on my weekends!


As many of you know, the south was on Hurricane watch this weekend. They were so worried we didn't have school on Friday which gave us a 4 day weekend, holla! We did however, have some friends/family come down to visit. Even though Friday was a full day of 60mph winds and lots of rain, we survived and were able to enjoy the rest of the weekend. We even made it to the beach on Sunday!



I hope everyone enjoyed their Labor Day weekend! I am so excited it is heading towards Fall! All the pumpkins, scarecrows, leaves--I love it all! Now, just waiting for the weather to cool down.

Comments

  1. I've never been but I always think Savannah and the area looks so pretty, especially the trees.

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment