Maui, Hawaii.

I could write a super long novel, but I save you the yawns. Basically I have been no where, well, that was until I met Austin. His family has vacationed to many different places where mine found SC and fell in love. We have vacationed here for 12 years! Now, don't get me wrong I love it here (obviously, I moved here!) but I love to travel and that part in my life has been screaming to get out! For our honeymoon Austin took me out of the country for the first time to Mexico so when we were talking vacation Austin and I knew we had to go to Hawaii. He had been a few times and knows how I'm a sucker for a view so we were off on an 11 hour flight to Maui. I have only ever been on 2/3 hour flights so this about killed me haha but when we got there the view was definitely worth it!



Every morning we would walk the beach, mainly because we were on a 6 hour time difference and couldn't sleep any longer haha. The sun would come up from behind us so it was still a little dark but it made the sky look so pretty, like cotton candy.




During the day we would drive into Lahaina where all the shops and restaurants are. Of course we had to stop and see the famous Banyan Tree. I tried to take multiple pictures but because of it's size it was impossible to get the entire thing in one photo.






We ate at Cool Cats a few times and enjoyed the best burgers! We also got homemade rootbeer floats that were to die for!!




Even though the sun didn't rise on our side we were okay with that because we got the beauty of watching it set every evening. We had the most gorgeous view from our condo because we were right on the water. 






One of the COOLEST things about Hawaii was the fact that you would be sitting on the beach enjoying the sun and the beauty of the island and all of a sudden....you look up and a giant sea turtle is coming up onto the beach. LIKE THIS IS NORMAL?! I took so many pictures not only because how gorgeous of a creature but the pure fact that I kept thinking "this is was unreal!"




Not sure what was on the poor turtle's face, but it was still such a gorgeous animal.



One of the days it was super cloudy which made it the perfect day to go Whale Watching. Everything is super expensive in Maui, but Austin and I knew if we were to do anything it would be Whale Watching. I had gone before with a friend in Maine but looking back I think I was too young to really appreciate how neat the experience is. I took literally like hundreds of pictures because they came up super close. We saw 4 pods while we were out at sea but one of them came super close and stayed with us for the entire two hours. It was a momma and a baby. It couldn't have been cuter! The baby kept flipping it's tail into the air. At one point the baby jumped but of course I was watching it happen instead of taking pictures. Pictures are nice to have to look back but sometimes you just have to be in the moment and enjoy.














That afternoon Austin surprised me and took me to the Nakalele Blowhole. I had begged him to take me, but most of the reviews were "beautiful but super dangerous". With us having a rental car we decided it wasn't the best idea just in case the insurance wouldn't cover potential damages. Being the best husband that he is and loves to surprise me he took me on this driving adventure to find it. He told me he was taking me to see a waterfall, which I believed so when he ended up telling me it wasn't a waterfall it was the blowhole I about died with excitement! It had rained all day on that part of the island so it was pretty dangerous but we took it slow climbing down and ended up seeing the heart shaped rock and watched the blowholes from afar of course.





This rock had a face! Do you see it? The whole climb was all these kinds of rocks, super scary and boy was it a workout!!









The best part about the entire trip was enjoying the beautiful beach. We live right by a beach here but there's something about blue water and that scenery that had me head over heels. I really knew I was spoiled by beauty when I came home, went to our beach and said.... ew ha.  Our beach is very nice, but the water is greenish brown and no animals were coming onto the sand except jellyfish.

PS. I apologize for all the different size photos, some where taken on my camera, others on my phone and some on the hubby's phone.
I hope you enjoyed something a little different. I am going to try and break out of my fashion shell and start writing about other things. Or maybe not, give me your thoughts!

xx

Comments

  1. Every morning we would walk the beach, mainly because we were on a 6 hour time difference and couldn't sleep any longer haha. The sun would come up from behind us so it was still a little dark but it made the sky look so pretty, like cotton candy. uber select alternative maui

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment